Family Pic

Family Pic

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Like the Jeopardy category; Potpourri

Life has been full of such insignificance lately, and I'm really buggin' to post something, so I'm gonna leave you with some randomness, because none of these subjects are entitled to their own posting...

#1 I have my pre-op scheduled for this afternoon (I get to leave work early, woo-hoo!!)because I'm having bunion surgery next week. I wasn't going to talk about it because now the secret is out I have ugly feet. I'm 99% sure I got it from Dad's side, so hopefully none of you have the same problem (before & after pics if I'm feeling brave). I was cool with the situation, and was desperately awaiting some time off of work (even if it means I rely on Mario 100% of the time to give me sponge baths in bed), until I had a dream. I dreamt that I was laying on the operating table, and for the life of me, the anesthesiologist could not put me down. Please don't let this be a sign I wake up in the middle of surgery. I saw it happen on Grey's Anatomy, and I'm scared!!

#2 Dad called this morning & asked if I wanted to go to lunch. My thoughts..."you want to take me to lunch & you're gonna pay, is this a trick question?" There's this new Mexican restaurant in the Galleria downtown right by my office which has the most bangin' beans & rice, hands down!!

#3 Mario asked me last night, "what's it gonna take for us to have a baby?" Besides the obvious for those with dirty minds (or maybe that's just me), we've really gotta stop spending so much time with Addyson. He even asked me this after she spent half the car ride screaming, what's the deal?!

#4 Is there a sport my brother isn't good at? We played tennis last night & for someone who I had no idea played, he almost spanked Mario, who "claims" he lettered in tennis his frosh year. Can anyone from Reedley High verify this for me?

#5 I got subpoenaed to court last week for one of my clients who could not follow program rules & was arrested a couple months into his program sentence. The Deputy DA was saying something to the Judge to get the case moving along, I heard Judge say "I saw the pictures from when he slit the victims throat, and blah blah blah, the rest obviuosly does not matter since (a) I don't understand court room talk, and (b) I'm already fuming! What's worse, working with someone knowing he almost purposely killed someone (and being prepared for when you reprimand him one on one in your office), or not knowing until the whole thing is over with & realizing you should be lucky for your safety? I have to testify in a couple weeks, and he BETTER get prison time. I need to step up my game & turn on the power of persuasion. Which leads me to...

#6 I applied for a job with Tulare County as a Probation Officer. Because at least then I can legally carry a gun on my hip, and not tote one around in my purse hoping if the occasion does arise, I can get to it in time. Wish me luck!

Now I would like to leave you with a sibling appreciation pic. Happy Tuesday!

5 comments:

rebecca @ older and wisor said...

DON'T GIVE IN!!!
Long story, but let's just say that Roger was ready from day one to start "trying" (aren't they always trying?) and after 9 months I agreed to see what happened based on the fact that my doctor said with the problems I had had it would be probably be at least six months....yeah, two weeks later...let Mario enjoy you before you get pregnant and become a royal...well, you can fill in the blank. Better to be ready than to be regretful. You'll know when it's time ;)

rebecca @ older and wisor said...

Love the new title by the way.

bretandjulie said...

Super cute picture of you and Donnie! Good luck with the surgery, and the work/court issues.

The Gage Cage said...

I am in the ugly foot club too. Do you want a gun around your hip to be able to practice "safe sex"? It's not very often I hear the man feeling baby hungry. When you choose to, you'll be a wonderful and beautiful mom. I'll be excited for you! Good luck with the new job. I love the pic of you and Donnie. You have the prettiest, HUGEST smile!!!

Unknown said...

I WANT ANOTHER GREAT-NIECE OR GREAT-NEPHEW.....GO FOR IT MARIO!!!! Just kidding, don't get me wrong, I would LOVE another niece or nephew but I know the whole experience will be so much better when you are both totally ready and committed to starting a family (wow--that was pretty heavy). Enjoy your alone time and when the time is right, you will know it and will make the best parents in the world.

Secondly, hope your surgery went well and you are healing as expected.

Thirdly, hope you get the job you applied for.

Last but not least, pic of you and Donnie is nice.

Talk to ya later. Tell Mario hi from his Aunt Peggie!