Family Pic

Family Pic

Friday, December 19, 2008

Some Serious Baking...Seriously!

On Wednesday, my long time friend Sarah came over to help bake some cookies. Our small task turned into an entire afternoon of fun, emphasis on the fun. I dunno about Sarah, but I had to go lay down after that. Not smart to walk around barefoot on hard flooring, ouchies! Also from this experience, I have learned that I need new baking pans (hint. After all those cookies, we still threw almost 2 dozen away because they burned. Even my brother wouldn't eat them after we told him they were "chocolate." That was officially my contribution to the Holiday's. I love to cook/bake, but I'm still tired. Sarah, next time you come over, we're watching a movie instead!

3 comments:

rebecca @ older and wisor said...

That's what I'm saying - box o' mint fudge oreos! Save your feet AND no messing around with all that burning stuff business! Okay,okay I'll probably be baking on Monday for our little plates of goodies we bring around to people, but only because the kids want to make sugar cookies...I think it goes without saying that it's not something I'm looking forward to...I just like to eat it (when it actually turns out)

Pollock Palooza said...

Holy cow! That's a lot of baking... I don't last so long baking either. Mostly it's the waiting in between batches of cookie. Once it goes in the pan I like to wait a few hours before thinking about it again. Too bad there aren't crock pot recipes that look like you spent the time to bake AND decorate sugar cookies:)

Bob & Khristie said...

STONEWARE, STONEWARE, STONEWARE! It's the only thing I bake cookies on & soooo worth every penny I spent. Even the broken one we got as a wedding gift almost 10 yrs ago. It wasn't broken when we got it, it was broken after my sister Liz came in my kitchen. And you still haven't replaced it, LIZ! And yes, I still use it in all its broken glory. Oops, off the subject.
Don't waste your time with that air-bake crap. Get you some stoneware & don't worry about burning. Oh, and let them sit for about 10 mins before you try taking them off, that makes the butts perfect cuz they dont' get all mushed up from the spatula.