Family Pic

Family Pic

Saturday, November 15, 2008

7 Bits of Random

Since Rebecca said I need a new post, here goes. I've gotta come up with 7 things that you probably don't know about me. I can't remember all that I've blogged about, so these 7 things may already be known. If so, let me apologize now, I'm not the most interesting person :)

Numero Uno- Lately I've been on this Twilight kick at home. Mario gets quizzed on almost a daily basis about a book he hasn't read, and will never read, but has agreed to see the movie because it's dark, and I just happend to tell him there's vamps involved. At any random moment I ask, "Mar, who's Bella" or "Who's Jacob". I'm making him a shirt for the premier that says "Team Bella" :)
Numero Dos- Yes, I speak Spanish. Kinda. Not really. I took 4 years in middle school & high school combined, and can hold my own a little in a conversation, as long as you keep it on a 2nd grade level or so. Mario is fluent, so sometimes we have meaningless conversations in Espanol, just for the fun of it.
Numero Tres- My most favorite candy ever is Peanut Butter M&Ms, but I am willing to accept anything chocolate with peanut butter. Can you imagine what my pantry will look like when I'm pregnant? Hopefully a Jiffy & Hershey's factory.
Numero Cuatro- Since we're on the subject of eating...I could (would) eat cereal for all of my meals. I used to eat boxes like it was my job before I signed up to be a wife. I love Cinnamon Toast Crunch (known in my house as CTC) & other healthier things like Chex.
Numero Cinco- I LOVE watching cop/law enforcement shows on TV. Right now, as I type, Lock Up is on. It's a show where they go to different prison facilities and make documentaries on them (for those who may not know). They're always in CA, especially at Corcoran. In college I went with my friend (another student) to the facility for a report we had to do. It was serious excitement. Such a rush to be within feet of people serving time in prison for terrible crimes. Now that you all think I'm a freak :) lets move to...
Numero Seis- I live in a home with no cable tv, no internet service, and no landline. I DO realize that it's almost 2009. We don't even have a pet :( How do I feel about all of the above you ask? I'm SO happy, seriously. I still have my shows that I can't live without, but I'm so pleased that we have managed to live without these luxuries. The upside is having a little extra money at the end of the month to treat ourselves. We love sushi, and just going out to dinner in general, so it all works itself out.
Numero Siete- I seriously have the best husband ever. This, I know I have raved about before. I could write a novel on this subject, but I'm still a newlywed, so I feel like I have an excuse (and that I kinda just have to talk about it). As I was in here (Mom & Dad's office room)typing, Mario came in here put his arms around me, gave me a kiss & told me he loved me. There's nothing better than the sweet moments like that. If this is my reward for having to wait 4 long years of dating then I would do it all over again, if not, i'm still pissed it took him that long!

I pass the fun of this post along to Meg, Liz, & Holly, now it's your turn!

1 comment:

rebecca @ older and wisor said...

What's this pregnant reference that I caught? Is something going on? Tell Mario he needs to move out. NOW. BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE. And as you will someday discover (but not for a LONG LONG TIME!), your pregnancy cravings have nothing to do with what you like in real life...just wait. I'm serious. WAIT.

Since #1 is about Twilight, I think it is safe to assume that you're enjoying the books...and no, I didn't go to the 12:01 showing. What kind of loser do you think I am?? (Such a loser that I'm not sure that I could stay up that late).